|SAQA US ID:||64650|
|Duration:||24 to 36 months part-time distance learning with personal mentorship.|
|Quality assuring ETQA:||ETDP.SETA|
|Qualification Type:||National Diploma|
|Accredited Provider:||World Wide Education Providers (Pty) Ltd.|
|Field:||Field 05 – Education, training and development|
|Sub Field:||Early Childhood Development|
|Entrance Qualification:||ECD Higher Certificate|
The purpose of the qualification is to:
- Provide access to a recognised educator qualification at Level 6 for ECD educators who have a Level 4 or Level 5 certificate in ECD, providing a bridge between non-formal and formal learning programmes.
- To enable educators/ learners to plan and implement a learning programme which is based on their knowledge of child development from birth to nine years and which helps children in a specific phase work towards achieving the learning outcomes of the national school curriculum (where appropriate).
- To improve community-based ECD services for young children by raising the level of ECD teaching competence and/or by providing opportunities for training in support and leadership roles.
This qualification provides a substantial qualification for:
- Potential learners/educators who have acquired an FETC (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification at Level 4 (120 credits) and who wish to make ECD their full-time career (entry point);
- Learners/educators who have a Level 4 qualification in ECD to further their career and professional development in ECD by providing access to a Level 6 qualification;
- Learners/educators who have a Higher Certificate in ECD to further their career and professional development in ECD by providing access to a Level 6 qualification.
|Complete list of the unit standards of this course|
|Core||244485||5||Design activities to support the development of babies, toddlers and young children||8|
|Core||13853||5||Mediate active learning in ECD programmes||36|
|Core||13854||5||Promote healthy development in ECD programmes||12|
|Fundamental||8647||5||Apply workplace communication skills||10|
|Fundamental||14582||5||Develop and apply academic literacy skills||25|
|Elective||115753||5||Conduct outcomes-based assessment||15|
|Elective||244260||5||Facilitate a Life Skills Learning Programme in the Reception Year||15|
|Elective||244257||5||Facilitate a Literacy Learning Programme in the Reception Year||15|
|Elective||244256||5||Facilitate a Numeracy Learning Programme in the Reception Year||15|
|Elective||10288||5||Organise a programme of learning||8|
|Elective||10289||5||Facilitate a programme of learning||24|
|Elective||13856||5||Facilitate an inclusive educational environment in ECD settings||12|
|Elective||10294||5||Identify and respond to learners with special needs and barriers to learning||10|
|Elective||244478||5||Manage an Early Childhood Development service||5|
|Elective||12842||5||Manage diversity in ECD settings||12|
|Elective||7400||5||Managing the Learning Programme||24|
Contact us for more information about the course fee.